- Asking your parents, “So, how much would each of us get if you died tonight?” at your holiday dinner.
- Telling your parents that you’ll put them in an “old folks home” if they don’t deed you the house NOW.
- Disinheriting everyone you know in your will and sending them a copy with detailed descriptions of “why.”
- Asking your executor to freeze your body, take it to the beach, and break it into sand with a large rubber mallot.
- Requiring all beneficiary tattoos be removed BEFORE any monies are distributed.
- Creating secret off-shore accounts that name your mistress as beneficiary instead of family.
- Leave large sums of money for education, but limit its use for Harvard only.
- Requiring your surviving spouse to remain celibate to receive his/her inheritance from you.
- Leave all your rental property to someone you love – managing tenants can be a nightmare!
- Disappear yourself, so everyone has to wait 13 years for you to be presumed dead.
- Fail to make a list of all your passwords, so no one can access anything when you’re gone.
- Leave evidence of your haunting around before you pass over (like letters that get delivered years later).
- Create a trust, but don’t put anything in it!
The biggest taboo of all- not having an estate plan at all! Don’t have a plan? Not sure where to start? Start with 3 free estate planning documents on yourlegacylives.com and see how easy it is to create your own high quality documents!
Get Started Now